$50 per song non-member
Publisher Online Pitch with Mary Lynn Robbins
DATE: September 26th at 6:30pm CST
Sign Up Today!
About Mary Lynn Robbins, Senior Creative Director & General Manager – Platinum Pen Publishing
Platinum Pen Publishing is an independent music publishing company based in Nashville, Tennessee. Platinum songs have been recorded by Luke Bryan, Reba, Faith Hill, Carole King, Thompson Square, Lady Antebellum, BlackHawk, Seasons After, Wanessa Camargo, The Outlaws, The Wreckers, 9 Left Dead, Restless Heart, Bucky Covington, Sarah Darling, Josh Abbott Band, Eric Paslay, High South and others.
Mary Lynn’s role at Platinum Pen Publishing includes overseeing all creative and administrative operations. She brings over 32 years’ experience in the music business covering a broad range of responsibilities in the industry. Mary Lynn began as assistant to the COO at Paragon Associates, a record label and publishing company owned by Bob MacKenzie and Bill Gaither. Shortly thereafter, she moved on to Lamb & Lion Records, a label co-owned by Pat Boone and Irving Kessler as assistant to the President. Mary Lynn then became A&R Director for the Power Disc label at The Benson Company.
While at Benson, Mary Lynn started the in-house Christian Rock imprint Power Disc. There she worked with such acts as Larnelle Harris, DeGarmo & Key, Noel Paul Stookey (the “Paul” in Peter, Paul and Mary), Debby Boone, The Boones, Gary Chapman and Geoff Moore.
Mary Lynn Robbins’ love of music started at the piano—the Georgia native attended Truett-McConnell College on a music scholarship, then moved to Nashville with her college sweetheart, a would-be songwriter named Dave. Today Dave Robbins is an award winning writer and member of the multi-platinum selling trio BlackHawk. They have two children and two English bulldogs – Go DAWGS!
About the Publisher Online Pitch Event
Have you ever thought: “Wow I think I have a really good song. If only I could get a legitimate publisher to listen?”
Through GSC’s affordable Publisher Online Pitch service you can have your song or songs heard by a reputable publisher from wherever in the world you live and without the expensive cost of travel.
One of the most important elements of this service is that you will be connecting with a publisher, creating a relationship with this publisher and learning the pitching process professional songwriters utilize every day.
Here are the details!
- This event is open to members and non-members.
- Member pricing is $30.00 per song and non-members $50.00. (members get priority booking)
- This event is limited to 30 participants or 30 songs.
- Once you purchase the P.O.P event you will receive a confirmation that will contain your step by step instructions for logging into the webcast.
- You will need to email your song in mp3 format along with your lyric to [email protected] the day before the event. (Please list your name and where you are from on the top of your lyric. GSC wants the publisher to connect with you.)
- Guitar vocals and keyboard vocals are acceptable. You do not have to have a full demo for this event.
- The publisher will only listen to the first verse and the chorus of your song.
- The publisher may or may not comment regarding your song. This event is not intended as a publisher evaluation service.
- This is a real publisher pitch opportunity. The publisher will either PASS on your song OR he may choose to keep your song for further consideration.
- You are encouraged to stay involved in the webinar while all songs are listened to and here is why.
- Out of respect for the other participants
- Should the publisher choose to comment, you may learn from what he has to say.
- If a publisher takes a song, you will want to connect with that songwriter and possibly co-write with that writer.