Metadata Mentoring with Jared Jones
Expert in Metadata and Author of “Metadata Matters”
Jared is inspired by artists and writers like Michael Jackson, Stevie Wonder, and Ne-Yo, to name a few. His music has been featured on the Hallmark produced TV Movie, “In My Dreams”, the hit BET series, “The Game”, NBC’s “The Voice” and “Days of Our Lives”, VH-1’s “Run’s House”, the CBS Soap Opera, “The Young and The Restless”, and other major TV networks such as FOX, TLC, and Bravo.
He was born in New Jersey, but grew up in the suburbs of Boston, MA. Jones is the son of a preacher/author, and high school guidance counselor. From his mid- 20s to early 30s, he was a lead singer in the Boston based band, SPLASH, performing at weddings and corporate events across New England. He was also the worship leader and drummer for his home church. In early 2019, he completed his Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology from Capella University.
Currently living in the suburbs of Nashville, Jones writes, produces, and releases Inspirational Pop and Christian music. Also having a passion for encouraging, guiding, and motivating fellow songwriters, artists, and producers, he created TheSongScope.com, where he shares insights from song idea to song release.
In partnership with GSC President, Sheree Spoltore, Jones created an insightful and eye-opening presentation on the importance of metadata in the music business, and why it is important for songwriters, producers, and artists. The presentation, “Metadata Matters” was first shared at GSC FOCUS events. Through GSC, Jones is now offering 1-hour mentoring sessions where songwriters, artists and producers can gain more insight into (including, but not limited to):
- Understanding the different organizations responsible for paying your royalties
- When and How to Register Songs
- What song information is important to collect on each song, and when
- Commonly used acronyms, and what they mean to the songwriter (ISRC, ISWC, etc.)
- How one can ensure past songs are appropriately registered
- How to be in the best position to collect all royalties owed to you
- How songwriters can own rights to Master recordings
- How songwriters who don’t sing can still release music, and get paid
Jones is also available to produce your next song, demos, or Master Recordings (currently remote only. If desiring to record in-person, must contact first). Jones specializes in pop, Christian, and R&B genres.
Metadata Mentoring Pricing:
- $100 / 1 -hour session
Please note this service is available to GSC members only ($50 per year).