About Rick Shelton.
Vice President of Music Publishing – Daywind Music Group
Rick Shelton currently serves the Christian music industry as Vice President of Music Publishing for Daywind Music Group. He developed a keen sense for commercially viable songs as an artist, worship leader, Christian television producer, and radio professional. This distinctive background prepared him to serve as Director of Publishing at Centergy Music until he accepted his present position in 2004. He has secured approximately 2500 recordings for Daywind’s staff of exceptional songwriters. Under his leadership, Daywind has earned more than 250 singles and 25 number one songs. Daywind has also been honored, during his tenure, to receive 13 BMI Awards, BMI Publisher of the Year and seven GMA Dove Awards including the 2011 Song of the Year. Rick resides in Nashville, TN.
Rick is looking for traditional Gospel, Southern Gospel, Quartet and Christian Praise and Worship.
THIS EVENT SOLD OUT!
About the Publisher Online Pitch Event
Have you ever thought: “Wow I think I have a really good song. If only I could get a legitimate publisher to listen?”
Through GSC’s affordable Publisher Online Pitch service you can have your song or songs heard by a reputable publisher from wherever in the world you live and without the expensive cost of travel.
One of the most important elements of this service is that you will be connecting with a publisher, creating a relationship with this publisher and learning the pitching process professional songwriters utilize every day.
Here are the details!
- This event is open to members and non-members.
- Pricing is $30.00 per song pitch for members and$50.00 for non-members (Members get priority booking).
- Members can take advantage of the “Listen Only” option for only $20 before pitching a song.
- This event is limited to 30 song pitches.
- Once you purchase the POP event you will receive a confirmation that will contain your step by step instructions for logging into the webcast.
- If you purchase a song pitch, you will need to email your song in mp3 format along with your photo (jpg format only) and lyric (Microsoft Word format only) to [email protected] by 11am the day before the event. (Please list your name and where you are from on the top of your lyric. GSC wants the publisher to connect with you.)
- Guitar vocals and keyboard vocals are acceptable. You do not have to have a full demo for this event.
- The publisher will only listen to the first verse and the chorus of your song.
- The publisher may or may not comment on your song. This event is not intended as a publisher evaluation service; although in most cases, the publisher will offer constructive advice.
- This is a real publisher pitch opportunity. The publisher will either PASS on your song OR he may choose to keep your song for further consideration.
- You are encouraged to stay involved in the webinar while all songs are listened to and here is why:
- Out of respect for the other participants.
- Should the publisher choose to comment on a song, you will learn from what he has to say.
- If a publisher takes a song, you will want to connect with that songwriter and possibly co-write with that writer.