About Butch Baker
Senior Vice President of Creative Services – HoriPro Entertainment Group
Butch Baker has lead HoriPro’s Nashville office for over 8 years, claiming an impressive track record of success. A now 32-year resident of Nashville, Butch Baker began his career in music as a recording artist, inking 4 major record deals. His transition to the business side of music came by working as an independent A&R rep for Giant and Sony Records. Ambitiously continuing his love for music and its business, Butch expanded in to music production and song plugging. Finding a true passion for music publishing, Butch was soon running Nashville’s Encore Publishing. With this vast and varied amount of experience under his belt, Butch joined HoriPro in 2005.
Sign Up For This Event
$30 per song GSC member
About the Publisher Online Pitch Event
Have you ever thought: “Wow I think I have a really good song. If only I could get a legitimate publisher to listen?”
Through GSC’s affordable Publisher Online Pitch service you can have your song or songs heard by a reputable publisher from wherever in the world you live and without the expensive cost of travel.
One of the most important elements of this service is that you will be connecting with a publisher, creating a relationship with this publisher and learning the pitching process professional songwriters utilize every day.
Here are the details!
- This event is open to GSC members only.
- Pricing is $30.00 per song pitch for GSC members only.
- Members can take advantage of the “Listen Only” option for only $20 before pitching a song.
- This event is limited to 30 song pitches.
- Once you purchase the POP event you will receive a confirmation a day before that will contain your step by step instructions for logging into the webcast.
- If you purchase a song pitch, you will need to email your song in mp3 format along with your photo/bio (photo and bio on a one page Word doc) and lyric (Microsoft Word format only) to [email protected] by 11am the day before the event. (Please list your name and where you are from on the top of your lyric. GSC wants the publisher to connect with you.)
- Guitar vocals and keyboard vocals are acceptable. You do not have to have a full demo for this event.
- The publisher will only listen to the first verse and the chorus of your song.
- The publisher may or may not comment on your song. This event is not intended as a publisher evaluation service; although in most cases, the publisher will offer constructive advice.
- This is a real publisher pitch opportunity. The publisher will either PASS on your song OR he may choose to keep your song for further consideration.
- You are encouraged to stay involved in the webinar while all songs are listened to and here is why:
- Out of respect for the other participants.
- Should the publisher choose to comment on a song, you will learn from what he has to say.
- If a publisher takes a song, you will want to connect with that songwriter and possibly co-write with that writer.