- This event has passed.
GSC PLAYS4U! Publisher Event April 2015
April 7, 2015 @ 3:00 pm - 4:00 pm
GSC PLAYS4U! (Publisher Luncheon About Your Song)
NOTE: This is a publisher only event. Songs recommended and submitted by GSC and are selected from past GSC online events.
This is a quarterly publisher listening event in which top publishers listen to your songs. This service is offered at no additional charge to GSC members.
Throughout the year, Global Songwriters Connection hears great songs from our members through our many member services such as mentoring sessions, song evaluations, and monthly POP Events. By taking advantage of these services, your song could potentially be heard by many top publishers simultaneously–a feat that is pretty much unheard of in Music City!
Below is a step-by-step guide on how your song gets to a GSC PLAYS4U! event:
- When a GSC Staff Member hears a song they believe is pitch worthy, they will recommend the song to our quarterly GSC PLAYS4U event.
- If your song is picked up by a Publisher through a GSC POP event, your song is automatically recommended!
- All of the songs recommended throughout the quarter will be compiled two weeks prior to the GSC PLAYS4U! date for review by the GSC selection team. The team will pick 15 to 20 songs to play for the publishers.
- Next, GSC will send out an invitation to top publishers inviting them to listen to the team’s top picks. A list of publishers who were in attendance will be provided following the event.
- The publisher will be provided with photos and bios of all the members whose songs have been selected. The publisher is also provided with the attached sheet so they may indicate if they would like a copy of the member’s song, if they would like to set the writer up with a co-writer, if they would like to schedule an appointment, or if they are going to pass on the song.
- The GSC Member will hear the final results and receive any publisher leads or opportunities within a week of the GSC PLAYS4U! event.
- This event takes place at a specified venue in Nashville and is limited to industry representatives only. Members may not attend unless they are performing.
- Occasionally, songwriters and artists will be invited to play their songs live for the publisher. If you are invited to play live, you are encouraged to grab a plate and join the publishers for the rest of the GSC PLAYS4U! event, as well as bring extra copies of your CD’s and business cards for publisher distribution. You should also plan to stay afterwards to introduce yourself to the publishers and to network .
- The intent of this experience is to prepare our members for the very real process of pitching their song to an artist project. For example, there are potentially thousands of songs pitched for one artist project that may feature a maximum of 12 songs. When your song is recommended, it is similar to the experience of having your song placed “on hold” for a project, except that our GSC PLAYS4U! project can have up to 20 songs. Having your song played for the publishers is similar to getting a cut–your song made it to the publisher’s ears!