$50 per song non-member
Back by Popular Demand!
Christian Music P.O.P EVENT
Publisher Online Pitch with Joel Timen
DATE: November 14th at 6:30pm CST
Sign Up Today!
About Joel Timen, Creative Director at Word Music Publishing
After spending 7 years as a promoter and touring musician, Joel Timen asked his friends in Brightwood if he could try to manage them in the summer of 2008. After a few conversations, the band agreed. Over the next year, the band toured relentlessly, signed a licensing deal in Japan, won a contest to play in front of a distinguished panel at SXSW, placed over 10 songs on TV shows and played in front of numerous labels in LA and New York. The first year of his management company was an incredible year and concluded with a second artist added to the roster and a decision to move the company to Nashville. Over the next few years the roster expanded and became increasingly focused on songwriters and producers. He developed two writer/producers and landed them each a publishing deal with a major Christian publisher and cuts with artists such as Group 1 Crew, Newsboys and Luminate. He has also organized multiple one day writing camps for pop writers in town. In June he was approached by Word music publishing to fill the role of creative director. In late July he began the journey with Word and although it’s still fresh, there are many exciting things already in the works.
About the Publisher Online Pitch Event
Have you ever thought: “Wow I think I have a really good song. If only I could get a legitimate publisher to listen?”
Through GSC’s affordable Publisher Online Pitch service you can have your song or songs heard by a reputable publisher from wherever in the world you live and without the expensive cost of travel.
One of the most important elements of this service is that you will be connecting with a publisher, creating a relationship with this publisher and learning the pitching process professional songwriters utilize every day.
Here are the details!
- This event is open to members and non-members.
- Member pricing is $30.00 per song and non-members $50.00. (members get priority booking)
- This event is limited to 30 participants or 30 songs.
- Once you purchase the P.O.P event you will receive a confirmation that will contain your step by step instructions for logging into the webcast.
- You will need to email your song in mp3 format along with your lyric to [email protected] the day before the event. (Please list your name and where you are from on the top of your lyric. GSC wants the publisher to connect with you.)
- Guitar vocals and keyboard vocals are acceptable. You do not have to have a full demo for this event.
- The publisher will only listen to the first verse and the chorus of your song.
- The publisher may or may not comment regarding your song. This event is not intended as a publisher evaluation service.
- This is a real publisher pitch opportunity. The publisher will either PASS on your song OR he may choose to keep your song for further consideration.
- You are encouraged to stay involved in the webinar while all songs are listened to and here is why.
- Out of respect for the other participants
- Should the publisher choose to comment, you may learn from what he has to say.
- If a publisher takes a song, you will want to connect with that songwriter and possibly co-write with that writer.