$50 per song non-member
Publisher Online Pitch with Michael Doyle
DATE: May16th at 6:30pm CST
Sign Up Today!
About Michael Doyle, VP/GM of A&R, Major Bob Music
Michael began his career in the music business in 1996 with the independent publishing company Major Bob Music. In 1997 he joined the membership representative team at ASCAP. There he got his first sense of songs and songwriters as he met with them daily throughout the course of his nearly six-year term. While at ASCAP Michael signed writers such as Brett James, Neil Thrasher, Michael Dulaney and Chris Lindsey, of these writers, two became ASCAP Writers of the Year, one won ASCAP Song of the Year and one ACM Song of the Year.
Michael also started the ASCAP Pop Writers Workshop, which continues today, as well as the Music Business 101 series aimed at educating songwriters and publishers about the music business. He has spoken to many college classes at Vanderbilt, Belmont, Travecca, Univ. of North Alabama and MTSU as well as having been a part of panels and song critiques for the Nashville Songwriting Association International (NSAI) and the Songwriters Guild.
In the fall of 2003 he returned to Major Bob Music in the creative department where he is now the VP/GM of A&R. Major Bob’s catalog holds hits such as “If Tomorrow Never Comes,” “Rodeo,” “There Goes My Life,” “American Honey” and “Fly Over States.” Their songs have been on over 150 million records and the company has had two ASCAP Writers of the Year with Garth Brooks and Neil Thrasher.
About the Publisher Online Pitch Event
Have you ever thought: “Wow I think I have a really good song. If only I could get a legitimate publisher to listen?”
Through GSC’s affordable Publisher Online Pitch service you can have your song or songs heard by a reputable publisher from wherever in the world you live and without the expensive cost of travel.
One of the most important elements of this service is that you will be connecting with a publisher, creating a relationship with this publisher and learning the pitching process professional songwriters utilize every day.
Here are the details!
- This event is open to members and non-members.
- Member pricing is $30.00 per song and non-members $50.00. (members get priority booking)
- This event is limited to 30 participants or 30 songs.
- Once you purchase the P.O.P event you will receive a confirmation that will contain your step by step instructions for logging into the webcast.
- You will need to email your song in mp3 format along with your lyric to [email protected] the morning of the event. (Please list your name and where you are from on the top of your lyric. GSC wants the publisher to connect with you.)
- Guitar vocals and keyboard vocals are acceptable. You do not have to have a full demo for this event.
- The publisher will only listen to the first verse and the chorus of your song.
- The publisher may or may not comment regarding your song. This event is not intended as a publisher evaluation service.
- This is a real publisher pitch opportunity. The publisher will either PASS on your song OR he may choose to keep your song for further consideration.
- You are encouraged to stay involved in the webinar while all songs are listened to and here is why.
- Out of respect for the other participants
- Should the publisher choose to comment, you may learn from what he has to say.
- If a publisher takes a song, you will want to connect with that songwriter and possibly co-write with that writer.